Howto make BDC to take over the PDC role

Jan B Kinander samba at kinander.nu
Mon Sep 17 03:28:39 MDT 2012

Hi, I have two DC-s in my LAN but I have lost control over one of them
(can't log in to any account), the samba server runs on it still but I need
to let the secondary DC take over in it's place and reformat the first DC.

What do I need to do in the Secondary DC to make it the primary one?
What info should be in the files krb5.conf, resolv.conf, named.conf and
other files in the PDC compared to the BDC?
If I'm going to upgrade to RC1 how do I configure internals /external dns

I have Version 4.0.0beta9-GIT-2ea0f6c and I use Bind9.
I can't login to my PDC, but I might be able to move the HDD to another
computer and get info from it that way.

Yours sincerely,
Jan Blomqvist Kinander