[Announce] Samba 3.6.8 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Mon Sep 17 02:00:58 MDT 2012

					"Laughter is inner jogging."

					 Norman Cousins

Release Announcements
=====================

This is is the latest stable release of Samba 3.6.

Major enhancements in Samba 3.6.8 include:

o  Fix crash bug in smbd caused by a blocking lock followed by
   close (bug #9084).
o  Fix Winbind panic if we couldn't find the domain (bug #9135).

Changes since 3.6.7:
--------------------

o   Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
    * BUG 9058: Fix smbstatus code dump when a file entry has delete tokens.
    * BUG 9098: Fix refreshing of Kerberos tickets in Winbind.
    * BUG 9124: Fix setting of "inherited" bit on inherited ACE's.

o   Christian Ambach <ambi at samba.org>
    * BUG 9137: Make 'smbclient allinfo' show the snapshot list.

o   Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
    * BUG 9066: "Domain Users" incorrectly added as additional group on domain
      members.
    * BUG 9067: Use correct RID for "Domain Guests" primary group.

o   David Binderman <dcb314 at hotmail.com>
    * BUG 9065: Fix bad call to memcpy source3/registry/regfio.c.

o   David Disseldorp <ddiss at samba.org>
    * BUG 9123: Fix lprng job tracking errors.

o   Salvador I. Gonzalez <sgonzalez at codejunkie.net>
    * BUG 9088: Fix smbclient/tarmode panic when connecting to Windows 2000
      clients.

o   Hargagan <shargagan at novell.com>
    * BUG 9085: Fix NMB registration for a duplicate workstation.

o   Björn Jacke <bj at sernet.de>
    * BUG 9037: Open and netbsd have the md5 symbols in libc.
    * BUG 9144: Fix nfs quota support with Linux nfs4 mounts.

o   Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
    * BUG 9037: Fix name clash in MD5 causing the "net ads join" to fail on
      T4 (sun4v) systems on Solaris 10.
    * BUG 9058: Backport FSCTL codes from master.
    * BUG 9084: Fix crash bug in smbd caused by a blocking lock followed by
      close.
    * BUG 9150: Valid open requests can cause smbd assert due to incorrect
      oplock handling on delete requests.

o   Herb Lewis <hlewis at panasas.com>
    * BUG 9104: Fix identification of idle clients in Winbind to avoid crashes
      and NDR parsing errors.

o   Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
    * BUG 9058: Fix segfault in smbstatus.

o   Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
    * BUG 9111: Fix compilation with newer MIT Kerberos which hides internal
      symbols.
    * BUG 9112: Fix flooding the logs with records we don't find in pcap.
    * BUG 9122: Initialize the print backend after we setup winreg.
    * BUG 9135: Fix Winbind panic if we couldn't find the domain.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba corresponding product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/

The release notes are available online at:

        http://www.samba.org/samba/ftp/history/samba-3.6.8.html

Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis from

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy