enabling internal DNS

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 01:19:32 MDT 2012

Hi samba team,
I've seen during last days many discussions about enabling the internal
DNS and found that the "procedure" to follow on a already provisioned
system working with bind9+dlz should be to add in smb.conf

interfaces = w.x.y.x
dns forwarder = a.b.c.d
allow dns updates = nonsecure and secure

Now I have 2 DCs. Is it safe to proceed with this change? Is it better
to proceed only on the "secondary" one?

Up to now the DCs are:
- PDC samba4 Version 4.0.0beta3-GIT-d1aeb2d using NTVFS
- BDC samba4 Version 4.0.0beta7-GIT-b05d28e using s3fs

Both DCs are using BIND 9.9.0 on ubuntu 11.04 32bit.

Thanks in advance,
Daniele.