Fixing (culling) some of TOSHARAG (Samba3-HOWTO)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Sep 16 00:27:39 MDT 2012

I've taken on part of the task of fixing up the docs to be current.
I've prepared this branch:
https://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/fix-docs

There is much more to do, but it's actually not hard to just axe the
clearly outdated stuff.  This tries for example to remove references to
security=share, security=server, and to printing when 'spoolss disabled
= yes' is set, along with other clearly old things.

The HOWTO is an easy target, as it was originally compiled from old text
files.  The By Example book will probably be harder.

What I've not done, and would like help with, is testing the result, or
feedback if you feel I've killed too much, and would prefer to rewrite
it instead (but only offer that if you really think you can rewrite it -
it is better to remove wrong docs than to keep them forever hoping they
will be fixed).

Thanks,