Samba4 RC1: bind DNS failure

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Sep 14 06:34:04 MDT 2012

On 14/09/12 01:27, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 01:18:35AM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
>> On 2012-09-13 20:46, steve wrote:
>>

> Kai,
>
> 	Don't let "steve" get you down. I used to take him seriously,
> but came to realize he's the most useful kind of troll. He'll complain
> bitterly about *everything*, but he has to keep taking whatever abuse
> we throw at him because he has literally no where else to go :-).
>
> So that means whatever goes wrong he'll keep running it and testing
> it for us because otherwise what else would he do with his time ?
>
> :-).
>
> Jeremy.

Hi Jeremy. We feel that a very unfair comment. steve is not a person but
a group of individuals striving to take recycled computers where they've
never been before. e.g. Third world hospitals where kids can play games
and the admin can decipher word documents.

Kai worked with us before and wrote us a script that we needed. And so
did your goodself on an acl issue. We thanked you both profusely for
your help.

We try to keep a test lan available to prevent others falling into the
same traps, be it the beta 7 or the RC1.

That's all. Rather than trolls who have to help you, look upon us not
trolls who want to help you. Many would not even dare to post the
questions which we post here for fear of a rebuke such as this.

Please try to realise that North American English is not a means to an
end. If our English is not perfect then please help us.

Thank you
Steve.