Samba4 RC1: bind DNS failure

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Sep 13 17:27:48 MDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 01:18:35AM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> On 2012-09-13 20:46, steve wrote:
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> > What we were expecting with RC1 was 'as you were' as of the last beta9.
> > RC's are normally as bulletproof as you can get them. But in this case
> > we decided to introduce new features. Great for first adopters.
> > Disastrous for those of us who have struggled through the years. .  How
> > wrong could we have been.
>
> I'm sorry the switch caused trouble. But I would still like to point out
> that we're talking about pre-release software here, and the changes are
> clearly mentioned in the release notes and WHATSNEW.txt. I think it's
> unfair to claim (as you did in another mail in this thread) that this
> isn't documented.

Kai,

	Don't let "steve" get you down. I used to take him seriously,
but came to realize he's the most useful kind of troll. He'll complain
bitterly about *everything*, but he has to keep taking whatever abuse
we throw at him because he has literally no where else to go :-).

So that means whatever goes wrong he'll keep running it and testing
it for us because otherwise what else would he do with his time ?

:-).

Jeremy.