On keeping the docs

Björn JACKE bj at sernet.de
Thu Sep 13 05:28:37 MDT 2012

On 2012-09-13 at 12:58 +0200 Jelmer Vernooij sent off:
> I'm a big fan of wikis and I think they're a great tool, but wikis are
> not magic - either way we'll need editors who keep an eye on the
> contents and coherency of the docs.

for that reason I ѕaid we should all monitor wiki changes (there is that nice
watch feature). Changes in the wiki should be looked at just like we
look at the commit messages in git.

> The HOWTO collection has a lot more
> information than is currently on the wiki.

that's why I proposed to make selective c&p work from the howto collection to
the wiki and still give a pointer to the old and partly outdated howto
collection. And we have no timeslots for redundant documentation work, don't
you agree?

Cheers
Björn