dlz_bind & internal should update directly the DNS records instead of using sambadns_update

Matthieu Patou mat at matws.net
Thu Sep 13 01:38:59 MDT 2012

Hello,

If you change the IP of a samba server the sambadns_update will fail
because it can't find the IP of the KDC as the records in the database
points to the old address and the server is not listening on this
address anymore and as It can't find the kdc it can't change the record
to update to the new address ...
For both dlz_plugin and internal we should skip the nsupdate commands
and to the insert directly in the database so that we could avoid this
chicken and egg problem.
In theory we should also remove the old records but that less critical
(and more complicated).

Matthieu.