LAST Call for RC1

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Tue Sep 11 00:46:56 MDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 09:09 +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
>> > Just to confirm with others on the Samba Team, aside from DNS (and my
>> > continuing fight with GPO ACLs) is there anything else that must be in
>> > RC1?
>> >
>> > Please also update WHATSNEW with anything special that you want
>> > mentioned.  I'll be going RC1 on Wednesday (tomorrow) morning my time.
>> > (Clearly most of my TODO list won't be done by then, but the remaining
>> > items should be small enough to do in the RC phase).
>> >
>> > Naturally, once we do RC1 we focus on bugfixes, along with anything we
>> > find at SDC/the Microsoft IO lab.
>> I need to remove get_userattr_list() from libpdb exports.
>
> I'm a little confused by this whole area.  Shouldn't the list be a
> whitelist, not a blacklist?
White list will come later, when I'll normalize function names to have
a single prefix (pdb_ or passdb_). Right now there are too many
functions with absolutely different naming conventions that are in the
same libpdb. Filtering is applied to those that are part of internal
structure of some modules and never used by others.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy