The unused function list

Thu Sep 6 23:52:46 MDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 10:36:27AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Just a reminder that we generate a list of unused functions at:
>
> https://build.samba.org/lcov/data/coverage/samba_4_0_test/unused-fns.txt
>
> Some of these functions are from heimdal, pidl or complete an API that
> isn't fully used, but there are others that are just unused, and could
> be removed.  (And of course unused code is very much untested code).
>
> (This list, and the code coverage functions were out of date for a
> while, but are now generated on a twice daily basis).

This list can't be right. For example ctdb_packet_flush is
definitely used. It is a bad API, but in the current code it
is part of the basic code connecting to ctdb. So please do
not remove it and its users, this would completely break our
cluster offering.

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de