Almsot 50% code coverege!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Sep 6 18:31:44 MDT 2012

Ever wondered what goes on in the 90mins that an autobuild takes?

One of the things that happens is that we pass over almost 50% of the
code (by line):

https://build.samba.org/lcov/data/coverage/samba_4_0_test/

This is a particularly impressive result given the size of the codebase,
and how many different features we implement.

That said, there remains some issues with the above analysis:  Some
things don't make sense (most of the gen_ndr code isn't marked as
executed, when it clearly is), but it remains a very useful and
interesting metric for what we test well, and what we still need to
test.  If someone has experience with gcov and is able to help me
extract more reliable figures, I would appreciate it.