Default DNS server for Samba 4.0

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Wed Sep 5 16:23:57 MDT 2012

Well done indeed, while bind9 + dlz worked quite well, however it could be
a little tricky to get everything 'just right'. It is most complicated part
of the samba 4 setup in my opinion, not because of the configuration
options, but because different distro's handled the named.conf differently
(some default to only listen on localhost), not to mention on distro's like
gentoo where stuff is built from source you had to make sure you passed the
right build options to named so gssapi and dlz were enabled. In my opinion
this was the last missing piece to a very nice looking puzzle.  I think
making the internal dns default is a great idea, but when that gets done,
don't forget to touch up on the provision and classicupgrade code to not
mention to the user about bind9 configs unless specifically requested to
use bind9.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents,

Ricky