Initscript Debian Wheezy

Carlos Miguel Bustillo Rodriguez cbustillo at uclv.edu.cu
Mon Sep 3 12:33:49 MDT 2012

Hello:

 to active init script in Debian Wheezy

1) Save the init script (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/InitScript) in a file called samba4 on /etc/init.d/
2 ) Set the permissions:
      chmod 755 /etc/init.d/samba4
3) Enable the script at startup:
     cd /etc/init.d/
      update-rc.d samba4 defaults

Regards, Carlos
From: Jan B Kinander [samba at kinander.nu]
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2012 11:24
To: samba-technical at lists.samba.org
Subject: Initscript Debian Wheezy

Hi, I try to figure out how to autostart SAMBA4, (I'm a windows guy) I
understand that it's the init.d script in the wiki for debian that I should
use and then have a symlink from the rcX.d that will do the trick, however
when I run insserv to try to understand how things work I get the following
lines spitted in my face, what does they mean and how can I solve them?

root at smbserv ~ $ insserv

insserv: warning: script 'K01mountdisk' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: Script samba is broken: incomplete LSB comment.
insserv: missing `Provides:' entry: please add.
insserv: missing `Required-Start:' entry: please add even if empty.
insserv: missing `Required-Stop:' entry: please add even if empty.
insserv: missing `Default-Start:' entry: please add even if empty.
insserv: missing `Default-Stop:' entry: please add even if empty.
insserv: Default-Start undefined, assuming empty start runlevel(s) for
script `samba'
insserv: Default-Stop undefined, assuming empty stop runlevel(s) for script
`samba'
insserv: warning: script 'mountdisk' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: fopen(.depend.stop): Permission denied

Yours sincerely,

Jan Blomqvist Kinander

La Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas en su 60 Aniversario. Fundada el 30 de noviembre de 1952. Vis?tenos en:  http://www.uclv.edu.cu