DIR1 on Fedora 17 and recent Ubuntu

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 31 21:13:04 MDT 2012

I forget to mention this a while back, but the DIR1 test (as part of
make test, eg "make test TESTS=DIR1" seems to get into an infinite loop
on Fedora 17.

What made me remember is that Jelmer mentioned it happens for him on
Ubuntu.  Presumably something has changed in the kernel, and I'm
wondering if someone who groks the low level filesystem stuff could have
a look into this?

I remember we used to have trouble with some tests on tmpfs, so I know
we push the very boundaries of the kernel behaviour at times.