Samba 4 multi-domain support

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 31 19:25:21 MDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-31 at 18:02 -0700, bogdan_bartos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Can samba 4 incorporate multiple domains on the same machine?

No.  (As discussed the last time this was asked, there are some ways
some of this can appear to almost work, as demonstrated by make test,
but the simple answer remains no).

> 2. If it can, does it have any impact in the way the resolv.conf file is
> layed out, or it needs to specify the multiple domains?

resolv.conf is the least of the challenges here.  The need for a single
winbind for a single nss_winbind to talk to is the bigger challenge.

> 3. In case openchange gets installed on top, where are the inboxes stored?
> Are they stores on the samba/openchange machine? I noticed some postfix with
> ldap implementations with openchange in the back-end. My only concern is
> that postfix-ldap will only authenticate on one domain for the e-mail.
>
> I am a begginer in this. I am trying to put the bits and parts together, so
> I deploy the integrated solutions. Thanks!

You would need to ask the openchange folks about that.