s3: smb2 read sendfile

sebastien.laveze at mindspeed.com sebastien.laveze at mindspeed.com
Mon Oct 29 11:33:23 MDT 2012

Hi all,
So first of all I don't know if the source3 build is still maintained in
master and 4.x branch.
However I needed to use the source3 code in 4.x branch because it does
include some features (e.g. largeMTU support) which are not present in the
stable 3.6.x release.

So maybe a first question would be if this is a reasonable choice ? :)

Second point is (which may be irrelevant if the source3 code is not
maintained anymore)I found that the schedule_smb2_sendfile_read never uses
the sendfile option in a regular SMB2 test with a windows client.

There's a bunch of checks before deciding to use sendfile especially this
one meant (if I understand correctly) to prevent using sendfile with
compound messages:

smb2req->in.vector_count < (2*SMBD_SMB2_NUM_IOV_PER_REQ)

which always fail in my case even if my client never sends compound
message.

So guess the correct check would be more like it is in stable branches:

smb2req->in.vector_count != (SMBD_SMB2_NUM_IOV_PER_REQ + 1)

I mostly want to be sure I'm not gonna break something with this fix.

Thanks,
Sebastien