[Samba] SYSVOL ACLs and GPOs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 30 00:16:14 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-29 at 12:24 -0200, Luiz Gustavo dos S. Costa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/10/29 Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>:
>
> > Luiz,
> >
> > This essentially brings us back to the issue that Alex has.  We are
> > still trying to pin this down.  Can you reproduce this issue on a fresh
> > provision without using any windows admin tools, or do you also only see
> > this after running the windows Group Policy Admin tools?
> >

> This samba4 with patch's is a new install, no windows, only provision
> set. I have other install with this patchs and windows machines, with
> gpo config init set, but with same problem.

I can't reproduce this.  On FreeBSD 9.0, using git master
(aa411045a5ee52d440ccb259a37c6c7489099884) I ran:

sudo bin/samba-tool domain provision --targetdir=/tmp/provision-2
--realm=realm.com --domain=dom
sudo bin/samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck -s /tmp/provision-2/etc/smb.conf
sudo bin/samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset -s /tmp/provision-2/etc/smb.conf
sudo bin/samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck -s /tmp/provision-2/etc/smb.conf

All these complete without error.  BTW I fixed my inability to set acls
on FreeBSD By setting

/dev/ada0p2     /               ufs     rw,acls         1       1

in /etc/fstab.

If this fails for you, on that revision, or indeed if this passes for
you and you can show me what exactly to do to make it fail, it would be
most helpful.

Thanks,