Possible fix for TRANS2SCAN and NTTRANSSCAN bitrot in smbtorture ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 12:06:43 MDT 2012

Hi folks,

Attached is a potential fix for the bitrot to those two tests.

I am not happy with the changes to clifile.c since it does not handle
all the cases, and the coding is ugly, so I would welcome suggestions.

Perhaps if the response to the open attempt is
NT_STATUS_FILE_IS_A_DIRECTORY I should fallback to opening it as a
directory.

These are against Samba 3.5.15 but they should apply to other versions.

After some feedback, I will clean them up and propose a patch for the
master branch.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe