[Samba] SYSVOL ACLs and GPOs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Oct 26 16:27:17 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 16:32 -0200, Luiz Gustavo dos S. Costa wrote:
> sysvol resolves here with ntfvs format... with s3fs i have this problem

It's odd that this is the case, but we do know that the xattr written by
the smbd vfs module vfs_acl_xattr (which s3fs uses) writes our a larger
xattr.

Why the difference matters (until now the code didn't have any sizes
implied in it, so no specific size should have been a trigger) is
perhaps a system-dependent detail however.