vfs_solarisacl.c compilation in master

Ira Cooper ira at samba.org
Wed Oct 24 04:06:13 MDT 2012

To whom it may concern:

I'm on a very important set of projects right now.  My next ~1 month
is tied up pretty tight.  I don't have the about ~1/2 day I'd need to
deal with this, and get the patches shepherded into the tree.

There are problems with the 4.0 build on OpenIndiana that concern me,
but I know I will not have time to address before the 4.0 release,
alas the user who hit them did not bugzilla them as far as I know.
There is also this new issue Mr. Bartlett is raising, and I'm unclear
how it impacts 4.0.

To be honest, most modern (Solaris 10+) sites are likely on ZFS, so
they don't use vfs_solarisacl.  They use vfs_zfsacl + nfsv4acl
instead.  Which is why I never noticed this issue.  All of my storage
systems are ZFS only, I can't/don't use and test vfs_solarisacl.
Compiling code is far from a guarantee it'll do anything useful.

Hopefully my projects will complete early, but until such time as they
complete, I can't be counted on to provide "Solaris" coverage.  I'll
reassign reviews as needed, to reflect this reality.  I'll be around
on IRC to help as I can, but any "longer jaunts" will have to be held
off until I finish my current work, or at least get into a less busy
phase.

Thank you to all for your assistance, and understanding of my deadlines,

-Ira

PS: This phase is expected to last about 1 month.  But could easily
extend into the new year.