Samba 4 from internal DNS to named and GPOs issue

admin at blackpenguin.org admin at blackpenguin.org
Tue Oct 23 12:55:54 MDT 2012

I would gladly keep samba 4 as primary dns, but I do not have enough
documentation on how to work it. I would rather have one-box-do-them-all
solution. On my gateway, I have named doing dns. On the same machine I
have apache (httpd), postfix and other services. The whole thing runs on
named. In order to move stuff out of named into samba 4, I need to know
where the samba 4 dns files are. Also I have internal named and external
named configurations with multiple domains. Can samba dns do the same
thing? Can it run configurations for external and internal dns (private
and public IPs)? I do not necessarily want to use named, it's just this
looks the best way of doing it...