CIFS: Deprecating NFS mounting syntax in mount.cifs

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Oct 23 10:47:37 MDT 2012

On 10/23/2012 05:56 PM, Scott Lovenberg wrote:
> On 10/18/2012 2:07 PM, scott.lovenberg at gmail.com wrote:
> no one has objected (or really said anything).  Can we merge this patch?
> --
Hi
I'm just trying to represent users. Can we take this to user level by
giving an example of what will work and what will not work after the patch?

For example, the Linux automounter.

Currently, we have this map:
* -fstype=cifs,rw,sec=krb5 ://myserver/myshare/&

Are you talking about the difference between that and this:
* -fstype=cifs,rw,sec=krb5 myserver:/myshare/&

Question: will I need to change anything due to this patch?

Cheers,
Steve