samba4 RC3 RPC server process crashing!

Greg Dickie greg at justaguy.ca
Tue Oct 23 09:38:34 MDT 2012

Hi,

  I have a new problem. The process serving RPC is suddenly dying with a
Signal 11. This AD has been running for a couple of months with no issues
and suddenly boom. I don't see anything interesting in the logs.

On another note the win2008R2 DC we joined as another ADS is not running
global catalog or other sort of essential services. How can that happen?
Effectively when samba crashes there is no more AD.

Any idea how to debug this, we are kind of down here?

Thanks,
Greg

--

Greg Dickie