review tools (was Re: Code review required for commits - formal Team vote.)
scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:22:07 MDT 2012
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:26 PM, simo <idra at samba.org> wrote:
> So there is one gotchs with patchwork. If you send multiple patches in
> the same mail message only the last one will be picked up.
> Using git send-mail will send one patch per mail and make the whole
> process of tracking them easier
> I suggest people try to use it or anyway send a separate mail per patch.
If I may offer just a bit of advice as someone who fought with git
send-email and friends (because, what's coding without fighting with a
tool chain :) )...
* I've found it's easier to first use git format-patch and then
include all of the patch files from that in git send-email.
* I always annotate when I do a git send-email. It's your last chance
to double check your commit message.
* Thunderbird and GMail will chew on your patchset (usually inserting
and removing whitespace - perfect if your patch is Python).
* I also had to change my Gmail settings to force GMail to use UTF-8
for outgoing messages to avoid weirdness.
* Discussion about a patchset is easier when each patch is in its own
HTH someone out there.
Peace and Blessings,
More information about the samba-technical