Samba 4 from internal DNS to named and GPOs issue

admin at blackpenguin.org admin at blackpenguin.org
Mon Oct 22 05:30:44 MDT 2012

Hi andrew,

It is the only dc and it's causing issues. I did not have the sysvol
issues until I setup one gpo - the first one, then the files went out of
sync. If there is only one dc, how do I sync? To make things clear, I
provisioned a brand new samba, I created 2 users, joined 3 machines to
it and started a GPO and it's broken. Like I mentioned before, the GPO
contains restrictions to control panel, shutdown and that's about it.

Also in the howto, it is presented that it will share the printers, but
unless I install the printer in CUPS, it will not show up, no even the
printers shares is set in smb.conf, the share doesn't appear, but it
picks the printer right from cups.