Directories deletion failed

Pierre Evenou pierre.evenou at rozofs.org
Mon Oct 22 00:23:41 MDT 2012

Hi all,

We are trying  to export RozoFS (a scale out nas, see www.rozofs.org)
with Samba to windows clients, but we're facing a strange behavior.

While every thing sounds good, windows 7 explorer fails to delete
directories recursively.

We create a directories foo/bar on the share, if we suppress foo with
the explorer, bar is suppressed but not foo (do it twice and you're
done), on the other hand in Windows CMD, rmdir /S foo works perfectly
(as with linux and OS X (10.5 and 10.6 at least) clients).

The test has been done with Samba 3.5.6 (debian squeeze) and 3.6.6
(debian wheezy). smbd logs ant tracing smbd with strace gives almost
the same for Explorer and CMD.

Any idea will be really helpfull.

Thanks.

Pierre.