Documentation - PLEASE READ ANYWAY ;-)

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Oct 21 18:45:59 MDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 09:49 +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> please remember to add/update manpages when adding new
> features/parameters/binaries!
>
> Please do also consider this fact when doing reviews.
>
> I am wondering why this is still an issue!
>
> If you don't know how to add docs, please feel free to contact me. I can
> certainly provide a sceleton or dump your text into the manpages.
I've added basic documentation for the undocumented smb.conf(5)
parameters. Please improve the documentation for these as necessary;
I've added a basic description and the default/example values but I'm
not an expert on all of these.

There is now also a unit test (in samba.tests.docs) that will fail if
there are parameters in loadparm that are undocumented or documentation
for parameters that are not in loadparm and are also not marked as
removed.

Cheers,

Jelmer