[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Oct 20 01:57:45 MDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 09:03:46PM +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> On 2012-10-19 at 10:14 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Can you guys split these checks out into a static function
> > that you call once from vfs_default_durable_reconnect() ?
> >
> > Putting these checks inside that function makes it a million
> > lines long and hard to read :-).
>
> /me goes counting lines and major culprits in various even longer
> functions like open_file_ntcreate()... ;-)

Yes I know. And I got beaten up so much for that I never
did it again :-). And vl and I have been slimming it down
ever since :-).

> Seriously: Certainly, we can do that.
> Do you mean a single function of each of the checks, or would
> you be fine with one function for all the stat detail checks?

One function for all of the stat checks works for me. That
function just goes through a series of logical steps, to
me it makes sense for it to be factored out into independent
logical groups (i.e. the stat checks are one) that are put
into separate static functions.

Thanks !

Jeremy.