4.0.rc2 drs issue

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Fri Oct 19 14:20:29 MDT 2012

2012-10-19 06:24 keltezéssel, Matthieu Patou írta:
> Hello Gemes,
>> Hi,
>> Thank you again for those commands, with only one DC alive and 
>> working I've checked its guid entry and it was as expected, however 
>> I've discovered lots of leftovers from the other (removed) DC under 
>> _msdcs (including NS pointing only to it) after removing/fixing them 
>> the remaining DC reports as expected:
>> # samba-tool drs showrepl
>> Default-First-Site-Name\DC1
>> DSA Options: 0x00000001
>> DSA object GUID: f5ea5559-534c-4341-9f63-c0d7a0019635
>> DSA invocationId: 574709d5-5de7-472a-ba15-fc7b5ca97da0
>> During the weekend I'll try to upgrade the now removed DC to RC3 and 
>> rejoin. After which I'll check the records you've mentioned. Will 
>> report back about success/failure.
> Ok good, I suspect that there is bug in showrepl, raw data should give 
> you real idea of what's going on.
> Matthieu

I've joined dc0 (rc3) to the domain controlled by dc1 (still rc2) and 
dc0 still hadn't outbund neighbors. When I've looked at the _msdcs zone 
data I saw that it hadn't got populated with data referring to dc0 and 
all the records pointed to dc1. After duplicating all the records 
(except pdc of course) drs showrepl lists both dcs as inbound and 
outbund neighbours at both dcs.

Thank you again for helping me sorting this out!


Geza Gemes

More information about the samba-technical mailing list