review tools (was Re: Code review required for commits - formal Team vote.)
ddiss at suse.de
Wed Oct 17 08:48:34 MDT 2012
On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:10:08 -0400
simo <idra at samba.org> wrote:
> > 1) http://jk.ozlabs.org/projects/patchwork/
> Sound cool, can you briefly describe how it works ?
Sure, here's the typical work flow as I recall it:
- Patchwork server setup (patchwork.samba.org), and pointed at our
- Developers/reviewers each create an account on patchwork.samba.org
and associate it with their email address(es).
- Developers send patches to review ML.
- Patches are picked up by patchwork and added to the patch list
- (optional) developers/reviewers delegate a reviewer for patches using
the web interface and set state (under review, superseded, not
applicable, deferred, etc).
- (optional) developers/reviewers check status of own/delegated patches.
- Reviewers email patch feedback to review ML.
- Review feedback is captured by patchwork alongside the patch.
- (optional) developers/reviewers update state (accepted, rejected).
- Developers/reviewers push patch.
- (optional) patchwork git hook updates state and archives entry.
For an look at patchwork in action, see:
More information about the samba-technical