Code review required for commits - formal Team vote.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Oct 17 04:10:47 MDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:27:01AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> For me it very helpful that I review what I'm going to push
> by myself in the same way I'd review patches from others.
> See https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CodeReview for what I typically do.

I certainly think reviewing your own work is a good thing,
and this is a great guide to doing it.

However I really don't think this is a substitute for
review by a third-party. No matter how much you try
people are simply not capable of always ignoring the
assumptions you made when writing the code. Knowing
your work as I do I know you do this better than most,
but other eyes will always bring fresh perspectives.

Jeremy.