consesnus

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 17 01:03:30 MDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-16 at 23:47 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 08:38:40AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > I've checked, and I can't find where a majority vote was called, so I
> > think you are mistaken.
> >
> > Can you show me the archive URL of the vote?
>
> It was an in-person vote at SambaXP so there are no archives
> of this.

I'm sorry, without more details I don't recall it, but giving you the
benefit of the doubt, I suggest you wait until the next SambaXP and
raise it then.

We have generally avoided only-in-person votes because of the way it
excludes those who for one reason or other cannot travel, but at least
it means you have the chance to talk personally about the matters that
so divide us.

We have no precedent for simple majority votes over e-mail for matters
like this, and I am totally opposed to letting this become the way we do
things.