Using cifs to mount home directories instead of nfs (was : Re: Proposal/Idea: Remove support for using rfc2307 attributes for s4 id-mapping?)

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Oct 16 11:25:49 MDT 2012

On 16/10/12 15:09, Denis Cardon wrote:
> Hi Steve,

> I've been going away from nfs because of user acl nighmare on the shares
> and I don't look behind.

Hi Dennis
That's precisely the reason we want to move somewhere else. I've had too
many late nights struggling with nfs4_setfacl. It looks as though simo's
idea with the cifs multiuser mount option is the way to go for us.
Initial tests show that the posix acl is preserved perfectly on the cifs
mounted share, but I'd better not speak too soon;)
Cheers,
Steve