Moving a s4 DC to a different host

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Tue Oct 16 10:59:24 MDT 2012

Hello,

we have to move our samba4 DC (we just have one DC at the moment) to a
different host with different name/IP. What would be the best way for that?

- Install bind/samba/etc. as in the s4 wiki on the new host
- Join the new machine as DC like described here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC
- Copy sysvol content to the new server
- Unjoin the domain (samba-tool domain demote) on the old server
- Remove everything of s4 from the old server

Is this the correct way? Do I have to pay attention to anything else?

Regards,
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (IT-Leiter)
Zentrum für Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin