Internal dns server changed between RC2 & 4.1.0pre1-GIT-2c3a808

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Tue Oct 16 06:46:57 MDT 2012

On 15/10/12 23:54, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 21:56 +0200, Kai Blin wrote:

>>> No I didn't, I just provisioned as normal, but there is a user at
>>> CN=dns-adserver,CN=Users,DC=home,DC=lan. Should I remover this user or
>>> can I just ignore it?
>> Ah, it's a new provision. That's relevant information. Try removing that
>> user. It's been causing trouble for me in the past.
> It's been lost in all the review discussion, but we actually do need to
> revert that patch, it was put in based on a misunderstanding.
>
> We also need to patch up the internal DNS server to cope with the
> dns-SERVER user (it's not difficult, just needs to be done, and avoids
> needing to run the upgrade script in one direction).
>
> Andrew Bartlett
As RC3 is out, I have installed and provisioned this instead, the dns
user is not created in this version, also my script now works again.
Something in 4.1.0pre1-GIT-2c3a808 is stopping nsupdate from adding
records to the internal nameserver. The script that I am using is
modified from one to update Microsoft's DNS server:
http://blog.michael.kuron-germany.de/2011/02/isc-dhcpd-dynamic-dns-updates-against-secure-microsoft-dns/
The mods I did were mostly in checking whether the update had occurred.
I think that the internal nameserver in pre1 is not working the same as
the Microsoft one.

Thanks

Rowland

believed to be clean.