Code review required for commits - formal Team vote.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Oct 16 02:38:31 MDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 01:05:31AM +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> Yes, the proposal has had a very unfortunate start, indeed.
> Let me rephrase what my understanding and view of the proposal is:

..... (lots of stuff deleted :-).

> I suggest that we try this for 3-4 months. After that timeframe
> we should evaluate the outcome. If all goes well, we would have
> elaborated a process and formal requirement that we could put
> into a policy. If we meet impossible obstacles before that
> instead, we need to revise and re-discuss earlier of course.
> But I think we need to give it at least a couple of weeks' time
> to make a meaningful statement.

So as far as I can tell this is the same as the original
proposal (lot more words though :-) with the addition of
a review period after 3-4 months to evaluate how things
are going.

Michael, if you want to make an official change to the proposal
to add the (let's say) 4 month evaluation period, then we probaby
need to reset the vote count (sorry, but everyone needs to be very
clear on *exactly* what we're all voting for IMHO) and reset the time
period for another week after you make this proposal.

If you want to officially make this proposal I'm happy to
withdraw mine in favour of this.

Jeremy.