Where's Jeremy ?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Oct 16 01:35:22 MDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 09:05:40AM +0200, steve wrote:
> On 15/10/12 18:04, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Off to Europe to give talks here:
> >
> >http://conference.libreoffice.org/
> >

> Hi Jeremy
>
> If you get the chance, ask them why theirs is the only application
> I've found that crashes smbd;)
>
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2012-October/087565.html

It's not their fault :-). It's certainly a bug in master code
right now we'll track down and fix. They're asking for a directory
listing with BACKUP_INTENT, and somehow we're ending up with a
NULL token pointer (which should be impossible).

I could do the same thing with smbclient, so we can't really
pick on LibreOffice here :-). However I'd prefer you concentrate
your efforts on the 4.0.0rc stream of releases, as they're what
we really need to stabilize for official release.

Cheers,

Jeremy.