samba4 and Miscellaneous failure

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 16 00:50:33 MDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-10-14 at 10:40 +0300, Oguz Yilmaz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to install samba4 in AD replicate DC mode. I will use this replicate
> as local ntlm_auth purposes. I have followed howto in
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC .
> However it seems I have problem with replications and dns. I am using
> samba4-4.0.0rc2 on 32 bit centos 5, kernel 3.5.3.

> Could not determine hostname for target computer, cannot use kerberos
> Could not determine hostname for target computer, cannot use kerberos
> ../source4/dsdb/repl/drepl_ridalloc.c:239: Requesting more RIDs from RID
> Manager
> added nTDSConnection object
> 'CN=19f7d6be-afee-4e90-88e4-168e4422c1c7,CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=HOST82,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=adtest,DC=labristeknoloji,DC=com'
> GSS server Update(krb5)(1) Update failed:  Miscellaneous failure (see
> text): Failed to find HOST82$@ADTEST.LABRISTEKNOLOJI.COM(kvno 5) in keytab
> FILE:/var/lib/samba4/private/secrets.keytab (aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96)
> dcerpc: bind_nak reason 0 - NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

This might happen if you rejoined HOST82 to the domain, but other DCs
still have a ticket against the previous join password.

We need to (on Samba clients) detect this error and re-fetch the ticket,
but we don't right now, meaning that for 10 hours after re-joining the
DC some things can break.

Please file a bug on this part.  It might not solve the other issues
however.