Proposal/Idea: Remove support for using rfc2307 attributes for s4 id-mapping?

Herb Lewis hlewis at panasas.com
Mon Oct 15 21:05:54 MDT 2012

On 10/15/2012 01:04 PM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hi Herb,
> On 10/15/2012 12:25 PM, Herb Lewis wrote:
>> On 10/15/2012 11:20 AM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a lot of persons serving NFS from a DC ?
>> I installed Server 2012 to test against and discovered that they
>> enable NFS client support by default. We
>> were having problems with Server 2012 connecting to our Samba 3.6.6
>> server and I noticed that when I
>> tried net use from the server when CIFS failed it automatically did
>> the NFS connection.
> Being a client is not like serving by default.
I realize that but since thy are enabling client by default now I'm
guessing they are going to be making it easier
to enable the server portion soon. So even though there may not be a lot
of people serving NFS from windows
servers now, there may be soon. :-)
> Sure it's interesting to understand why net use, use CIFS/SMBx and
> then NFS but is it the same for explorer or if you specify a unc path
> in a script ?

I believe I just did "net use * \\server\share" and when CIFS wasn't
running it automatically connected with NFS. I'm guessing
it would be the same from Explorer if you used the UNC path.

It has been a while and I now have NFS client disabled so I don't
"accidentally" connect with NFS when I meant to connect
with CIFS.