Internal dns server changed between RC2 & 4.1.0pre1-GIT-2c3a808

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Oct 15 16:54:26 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 21:56 +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> On 2012-10-15 21:48, Rowland Penny wrote:

> >> Hm, I think we got rid of the DNS special user for RC1, but I seem to
> >> remember Jelmer added back the code that adds it to some of the upgrade
> >> scripts. Did you run any?
> >
> > No I didn't, I just provisioned as normal, but there is a user at
> > CN=dns-adserver,CN=Users,DC=home,DC=lan. Should I remover this user or
> > can I just ignore it?
>
> Ah, it's a new provision. That's relevant information. Try removing that
> user. It's been causing trouble for me in the past.

It's been lost in all the review discussion, but we actually do need to
revert that patch, it was put in based on a misunderstanding.

We also need to patch up the internal DNS server to cope with the
dns-SERVER user (it's not difficult, just needs to be done, and avoids
needing to run the upgrade script in one direction).