ctdb relock file issues with glusterfs

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Mon Oct 15 13:30:27 MDT 2012

Hi Morten,

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:59:41 +0000, Morten Bøhmer
<Morten.Bohmer at pilaro.no> wrote:

> For the heck of it I installed a couple of Centos virtual servers and configure ctdb+glusterfs+xfs+samba, got it working, but without relock.
>
> Not sure how important it is, but I guess time will show :)

As others have pointed out, the reclock file is crucial unless you
have some other way of avoiding a split brain.  You won't know you need
it until you get a split brain and something gets badly corrupted.

Additionally, as Ronnie mentioned, if the reclock file isn't working
then there's something wrong with your locking, so you have more than a
reclock problem...

peace & happiness,
martin