Commit Messages

simo idra at samba.org
Mon Oct 15 06:30:44 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 12:32 +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> please try to write descriptive commit messages, that can be used for
> release notes. Non-developers should understand what your patch fixes.
> Additionally, please do include the bug id if possible.

I think it would be nice if we could follow the rules used by the Kernel
community for commit messages.

they are available in Documentation/SubmittingPatches

The points that I care about are 1.13, 1.14 and most importantly 1.15.

See it here:
https://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=blob_plain;f=Documentation/SubmittingPatches;hb=refs/heads/master

HTH,
Simo.