Code review required for commits - Discuss.

Fri Oct 12 00:43:15 MDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 04:07:34PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 06:54:50PM -0400, Ira Cooper wrote:
>
> > I think Matthieu has a point here, and it is important.  Timely review
> > is going to be key.
> >
> > And I'm going to amend myself:  If there is code that has sat for 3
> > business days, the author/sponsor may push.  A simple flag for review
> > will buy time to do the review on complex code.  Use your brain.  But
> > if there are no flags... that is consent from "samba-technical".
>
> I'm ok with that. If someone ignores a patch on samba-technical for
> 3 days without even saying "I want to review this" then it's probably
> good to go.

Just for my understanding (lots of mails to read...): Does
this mean that if I ask someone for review and I get no
response whatsoever, I am free to push it without review? Or
do I have to get someone else to review it?

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de