Code review required for commits - Discuss.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Oct 11 16:39:34 MDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 06:23:30PM -0400, Scott Lovenberg wrote:

> > Also it covers all "non-team" code, they all go through 2 sign-offs.
> >
> > -Ira
>

> Ira, we discussed this a bit in the IRC channel today, but I'm
> curious.  How does this work for a non-member that has code in Samba?
> Can I maintain the parts of code that I've written without two team
> members signing off?  It's really not a big deal, but we might as well
> get these things ironed out while there is discussion going on.

You'll need to get 2 Team members to sign-off on your changes,
which is the same way it works if you attach code to a bug report
right now, only it'll be applied to master too.

If this becomes too onerous because you're sending in too many
fixes, we'll probably just add you to the Team so you only need
to get one person review :-).

Jeremy.