abee79f vfs: Use posix_sys_acl_blob_get_file in vfs_gpfs for posix ACLs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 11 05:16:04 MDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 13:02 +0200, Christian Ambach wrote:
> Andrew,

> I do not really understand what the
> expected behavior of of gpfsacl_sys_acl_blob_get_fd() and
> gpfsacl_sys_acl_blob_get_fd() should be. GPFS supports both the posix
> and NFSv4 ACL model, so I guess it will take special care that both
> cases are treated correctly.

The idea is simply:

If there is an NFSv4 ACL, then we give an error.  The layers above this
cope with errors, and when the patch to vfs_acl_common is applied
(currently there are no callers) it will simply fall back to the hash of
the NT ACL.  (And given the simple mapping, this is less important to
implement).

If it is a posix ACL, then call the posix helper function that
linearlises the posix ACL into a blob, along with the owner, group and
mode.

What was the error BTW?

Thanks,