abee79f vfs: Use posix_sys_acl_blob_get_file in vfs_gpfs for posix ACLs

Christian Ambach ambi at samba.org
Thu Oct 11 05:02:07 MDT 2012

Andrew,

On 10/11/2012 05:11 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

>         via  abee79f vfs: Use posix_sys_acl_blob_get_file in vfs_gpfs for posix ACLs
>
> commit abee79f99db802adc8e13a2baedf7817bf937786
> Author: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
> Date:   Wed Oct 10 16:58:59 2012 +1100
>
>      vfs: Use posix_sys_acl_blob_get_file in vfs_gpfs for posix ACLs

this patch breaks the build of vfs_gpfs.c.

I would really appreciate if you would run patches to vfs_gpfs.c by me
or the SerNet folks before committing them just to make sure there is no
breakage (as we have machines with the GPFS headers installed).

I will fix the build now, but I do not really understand what the
expected behavior of of gpfsacl_sys_acl_blob_get_fd() and
gpfsacl_sys_acl_blob_get_fd() should be. GPFS supports both the posix
and NFSv4 ACL model, so I guess it will take special care that both
cases are treated correctly.

Please let me know what this functions are supposed to return exactly
and I'll fix them up.

Cheers,
Christian