Samba3 > samba 4

Bryan Anderson shadow431 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:26:36 MDT 2012

So here is the command I used for the upgrade.

/usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool domain classicupgrade
--dbdir=/root/copy/samba/private/ --use-xattrs=yes --realm=lss.local
/root/copy/smb.conf

The /root/copy/samba/private directory contains:
account_policy.tdb  gencache_notrans.tdb  gencache.tdb  group_mapping.tdb
passdb.tdb  schannel_store.tdb  secrets.tdb

I will set the log level and log in with a non-rejoined machine tonight and
reply with that then.

Thanks,
Bryan Anderson

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Ricky Nance <ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us