Do a VFS_CONNECT in pysmbd

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 10 04:34:14 MDT 2012

Metze,

You asked me to prepare patches to do a VFS_CONNECT in pysmbd.

my vfs-connect branch is the patches I have worked on for this.
However, as Volker points out, working without a specific share is
dangerous - some VFS modules might be specified per-share.

It will be cumbersome, but we may have to make the share we operate an
extra parameter to 'samba-tool ntacl get/set'.

Also, as-is these patches fail tests - the change to vfs_xattr_tdb to
fail if not connected breaks a vfstest test for example.

So, we still have a little way to go, but I wanted you to know where
I've got, given you specifically asked about it.

Thanks,

https://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/vfs-connect