Samba3 > samba 4

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Tue Oct 9 20:58:30 MDT 2012

You won't be able to ping the workgroup name (which in this situation is
actually your domain). You have really given us very little to go on...
does Active Directory Users and Computers show the computers from the old
S3 domain? What happens if you add the line 'log level = 3' in your
smb.conf and restart samba, then try the login from a non re-joined
computer, does anything show up in /usr/local/samba/var/log.samba or
log.smbd? What was the exact command you used for the upgrade? Please give
us a bit more to go from.

Thanks,
Ricky