requirements issue

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Oct 9 15:41:26 MDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, 2012-10-09 at 14:32 -0700, jimc wrote:
> On your system requirements page
> (http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4/OS_Requirements), libacll-dev
> and libpopt-dev are listed. I (and google) have been unable to find them.
>
> I have a dandy test environment with 4 Linux boxes, 2 Windows 7, 5 XP,
> and an iMac. I have an application that I would love to use this product on!
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially in the form of a
> prebuilt Debian/Ubuntu package. I'm not that great a programmer, and
> digging through a huge logfile looking for a build error really makes me
> sortof unhappy.
These libraries are already prepackaged for Debian/Ubuntu and present in
the standard repositories:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libpopt-dev
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libacl1-dev

You should be able to install them either from the software center or by
running "apt-get install libpopt-dev libacl1-dev" on the command-line.

Cheers,

Jelmer